Return to Archive
of the Month
Six ways to make your program run faster:
- Use the DROP or KEEP statements to reduce the
variables being processed within a DATA step or
- Use a DATA _NULL_ step when the output from the
DATA step is not required.
- Use a CLASS statement rather than the BY
statement in a procedure, which may require a
- Use the LENGTH statement to minimize variable
- Create multiple datasets within the one DATA
- Where possible, use the WHERE statement in DATA
steps and procedures instead of subsetting the
data in a DATA step with an IF statement.